Our Family Genealogy Pages

Home Page  |  What's New  |  Photos  |  Histories  |  Headstones  |  Reports  |  Surnames
Search
First Name:


Last Name:



Landmarks


Matches 1 to 50 of 161     » Thumbnails Only    » Slide Show

    1 2 3 4 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
1
Acacia House, Children's Home, Rochford, Essex
Acacia House, Children's Home, Rochford, Essex
Acacia House was built in 1882, housing up to forty-two school age boys and girls for the Rochford Union Workhouse, often the only choice for orphaned children. The building was turned into flats in 2014.

2 East Street, Rochford, Essex 
 
2
Adegem Canadian War Cemetery Memorial, Maldegem, Flemish Region, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Adegem Canadian War Cemetery Memorial, Maldegem, Flemish Region, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
 
 
3
All Saints Church, Clapton, Greater London
All Saints Church, Clapton, Greater London
Built in 1873, the church closed in 1972 and the building was demolished in 1973 and replaced by flats.

Blurton Road & Elderfield Road, Clapton 
 
4
All Saints Church, Drinkstone, Suffolk
All Saints Church, Drinkstone, Suffolk
All Saint's Church dates from the 14th century. The tower was added c.1760 and the church restored in 1866–72.

Gedding Road, Drinkstone 
 
5
All Saints Church, Fulham, Middlesex
All Saints Church, Fulham, Middlesex
Apart from the tower, construction of which began in 1440, the present church building dates from the late Victorian period, having been rebuilt in 1880–1 by Sir Arthur Blomfield, using squared rubblestone, ashlar dressings and Perpendicular style windows.

Fulham High Street next to the River Thames, Fulham 
 
6
All Saints Church, Great Oakley, Essex
All Saints Church, Great Oakley, Essex
The Church built in the 12th century is an ancient structure which had a tower of flint and stone that fell down in the early 2000s, and was replaced by a smaller wooden tower.

Beaumont Road & Wix Road, Great Oakley 
 
7
All Saints Church, High Laver, Essex
All Saints Church, High Laver, Essex
The church was constructed from flint and rubble during the late 12th century; over the years there has been refurbishment and maintenance on the church.

Tilegate Road, High Laver 
 
8
All Saints Church, Rocklands, Norfolk
All Saints Church, Rocklands, Norfolk
The church was built in 1300 – 1330 on lands owned by Norwich Priory from 1001. The original 14th C. bell still hangs in the bell tower and was restored in 1999. Little change has been made to the structure since the Reformation other than the addition of a fine modern stained glass window in 1984.

Stowlay Lane, Attleborough 
 
9
All Saints Church, Terling, Essex
All Saints Church, Terling, Essex
The body of the church is medieval, restored in the 19th century, while the brick-built tower dates from 1732.

Church Road, Terling 
 
10
All Saints Church, West Ham, Greater London
All Saints Church, West Ham, Greater London
The church dates from 1400.

Church Street & Church Street N., West Ham 
 
11
All Saints Church, Wrabness, Essex
All Saints Church, Wrabness, Essex
Largely 12th to 15th century in origin, it was extended in 1908. The roof of the chancel which collapsed was rebuilt in 1697. The church had a stone tower housing 5 bells which at one time collapsed (perhaps at the same time as the chancel roof fell in) and has not been rebuilt. In the 17th century, two of the bells were re-located temporarily to a wooden structure in the churchyard, where they remain today. It's known as the bell tower, although it looks more like a bell cage.

Church Road, Wrabness 
 
12
All Saints Epping Upland Church, Epping, Essex
All Saints Epping Upland Church, Epping, Essex
This church dates back to Norman times, although it was largely restored in 1878.

Upland Road, Epping 
 
13
All Saints' Church, Dovercourt, Essex
All Saints' Church, Dovercourt, Essex
The Nave was built in the 12th century and early in the 14th century the Chancel was rebuilt with a porch probably added during the same period. About 1400 the West Tower was added. The chancel-arch was replaced in timber c. 1615.

Main Road & Clarke's Road, Dovercourt 
 
14
All Souls Church, St. Marylebone, Middlesex
All Souls Church, St. Marylebone, Middlesex
The church, completed in 1823 was built of Bath stone and consists of a prominent spired circular vestibule.

Riding House Street & Langham Place, London 
 
15
Anglican Christ Church Cathedral, Montréal, Québec
Anglican Christ Church Cathedral, Montréal, Québec
The present cathedral, a Neo-gothic structure, was completed in 1859 and consecrated in 1867.

Saint-Catherine Street West & Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, Montreal 
 
16
Antioch Presbyterian Church, Antioch, North Carolina
Antioch Presbyterian Church, Antioch, North Carolina
Red Spring Road & Old Wire Road, Antioch 
 
17
Arras Memorial
Arras Memorial
 
 
18
Banham Church Extension, Banham, Norfolk
Banham Church Extension, Banham, Norfolk
Church Hill Road, Banham 
 
19
Bradford Chapel Methodist Church, Shorter, Alabama
Bradford Chapel Methodist Church, Shorter, Alabama
County Roads 29 & 30, Shorter 
 
20
Calvin United Church, Pembroke, Renfrew County, Ontario
Calvin United Church, Pembroke, Renfrew County, Ontario
Renfrew Street & Church Street, Pembroke 
 
21
Camden Church, Camberwell, Greater London
Camden Church, Camberwell, Greater London
Last known to be in use 1937 but probably continued in use until bombed in World War 2. Was demolished and the site is now occupied by flats (Voltaire House, Sceaux Gardens Estate).

Near Peckham Road & Southampton Way, Camberwell 
 
22
Christ Church East Greenwich, Greenwich, Greater London
Christ Church East Greenwich, Greenwich, Greater London
Christ Church East Greenwich was built in 1849.

Christchurch Way & Trafalgar Road, Greenwich 
 
23
Christ Church Spitalfields, Stepney, Greater London
Christ Church Spitalfields, Stepney, Greater London
Christ Church Spitalfields is an Anglican church built between 1714 and 1729.

Commercial Street & Fournier Street, Stepney 
 
24
Church of Saint Leonard Horringer, Horringer, Suffolk
Church of Saint Leonard Horringer, Horringer, Suffolk
A143 & Manor Lane, Horringer 
 
25
Church of St Andrew, Plaistow, Greater London
Church of St Andrew, Plaistow, Greater London
High Road & St Andrew's Road, Plaistow 
 
26
Church of St Edward the Confessor, Romford, Greater London
Church of St Edward the Confessor, Romford, Greater London
The building dates from 1849–50 and replaced an earlier church which was demolished in the mid-19th century.

Market Link & Market Place, Romford 
 
27
Church of St John the Baptist, Harrow, Greater London
Church of St John the Baptist, Harrow, Greater London
Building began in 1904, extended in 1925 and finished in 1938.

Sheepcote Road & Victoria Close, Harrow 
 
28
Church of St Luke, London Borough of Hackney, Greater London
Church of St Luke, London Borough of Hackney, Greater London
The church was built to provide a new place of worship within St Barnabas' parish, and the church was consecrated on 8 November 1872. The completion of the steeple was delayed for ten years, until 1882, for reasons of funding.

Homerton Terrace & Woodbine Terrace, Hackney 
 
29
Church of St Mary Stratford Bow, Bow, Greater London
Church of St Mary Stratford Bow, Bow, Greater London
There has been a church on the same site for approximately 700 years. Although the church was bombed in the Second World War, the bell tower was rebuilt just after the war.

Bow Road & High Street, Bow 
 
30
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Farnham, Uttlesford, Essex
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Farnham, Uttlesford, Essex
A flint and stone church built in 1859 by Joseph Clarke on the foundations of the earlier church which it resembles in style.

Mill Hill Road & Rectory Lane, Farnham 
 
31
Church of St Nicholas, Deptford, Greater London
Church of St Nicholas, Deptford, Greater London
Founded in the 12th century, its tower dates from the 14th century, while the rest is largely 17th century with additional reconstruction work from after the Blitz.

Deptford Green & Stowage, Deptford 
 
32
Church of the Holy Innocents Cemetery, Great Barton, Suffolk
Church of the Holy Innocents Cemetery, Great Barton, Suffolk
Parish church built in the 13th century, with additions later. It was restored in the 1850's.

Green Lane & Church Road, Great Barton 
 
33
Church of the Holy Innocents, Great Barton, Suffolk
Church of the Holy Innocents, Great Barton, Suffolk
A 15th century church.

Church Road & Green Lane, Great Barton 
 
34
Columbus Barracks, Columbus, Ohio
Columbus Barracks, Columbus, Ohio
Columbus Barracks, renamed Fort Hayes in 1922, was abandoned, and today, the Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center, a Columbus City Schools magnet high school, stands on the spot.

Jack Gibbs Boulevard, Columbus 
 
35
Connecticut Hospital for the Insane, Middletown, Connecticut
Connecticut Hospital for the Insane, Middletown, Connecticut
The Connecticut Hospital for the Insane was formally opened in Middletown in 1868. Known today as the Connecticut Valley Hospital.

Silver Street & River Road, Middletown 
 
36
Connecticut Industrial School for Girls, Middletown, Connecticut
Connecticut Industrial School for Girls, Middletown, Connecticut
Initially a private charitable organization, it was established in 1868 as the Industrial School for Girls. In 1924 the prison was renamed Long Lane Farm after the State of Connecticut acquired it, then was change to Long Lane School in 1943. It closed in February 2003.

Long Lane & Wadsworth Street, Middletown 
 
37
Connecticut Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, Connecticut
Connecticut Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, Connecticut
The hospital was built in 1823, and was originally called the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane. Its name changed several times, but it was often referred to as the Hartford Retreat.

Washington Street & Retreat Avenue, Hartford 
 
38
Connecticut State Prison, Wethersfield, Connecticut
Connecticut State Prison, Wethersfield, Connecticut
Wethersfield State Prison was used between 1827 and 1963. It was demolished in 1967 and the site on the banks of the Connecticut River was turned into a park.

State Street & Hartford Avenue, Wethersfield 
 
39
Craig Colony for Epileptics, Sonyea, New York
Craig Colony for Epileptics, Sonyea, New York
The Craig Colony for Epileptics was established in 1894 to meet the needs of New York’s indigent population who had epilepsy. Eventually known as Craig Developmental Center, it closed on December 6, 1988.

Sonyea Road, Sonyea 
 
40
Cypress Chapel Christian Church Cemetery, Suffolk, Virginia
Cypress Chapel Christian Church Cemetery, Suffolk, Virginia
White Marsh Road & Cypress Chapel Road, Suffolk 
 
41
Cypress Chapel Christian Church, Suffolk, Virginia
Cypress Chapel Christian Church, Suffolk, Virginia
White Marsh Road & Cypress Chapel Road, Suffolk 
 
42
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut
Founded in 1885, Danbury Hospital was a small community hospital for its first 50 years. Its School of Nursing was established in 1893, and the first graduate medical education (GME) program was a one-year general internship approved in 1926.

Locust Avenue & Hospital Avenue, Danbury 
 
43
Elmira Reformatory, Elmira, New York
Elmira Reformatory, Elmira, New York
The facility was founded in 1876 as the Elmira Reformatory and run by superintendent Zebulon Brockway. In 1970 the complex was renamed the Elmira Correctional and Reception Center.

Davis Street & Bancroft Road, Elmira 
 
44
Epping Congregational Church, Epping, New South Wales
Epping Congregational Church, Epping, New South Wales
Chester Street & Oxford Street, Epping 
 
45
Faxton Hospital and Home for Old Men, Utica, New York
Faxton Hospital and Home for Old Men, Utica, New York
Faxton Hospital was built through the generosity of Hon. Theodore S. Faxton on Sunset Ave in 1874. It operated in the original buildings until 1941, when a new structure was constructed.

Sunset Avenue & Burrstone Road, Utica 
 
46
First Congregational Church, Stonington, Connecticut
First Congregational Church, Stonington, Connecticut
The First Congregational Church of Stonington is the oldest church in Stonington and one of the oldest in Connecticut; established in 1674. The current Road Church Meetinghouse was built in 1829 after the original building burned, with all attempts to keep it as original as possible.

Pequot Trail & Flanders Road, Stonington 
 
47
First Presbyterian Church, Mandan, North Dakota
First Presbyterian Church, Mandan, North Dakota
3rd Street NW & 3rd Avenue NW, Mandan 
 
48
Fort Warren Military Post, Boston, Massachusetts
Fort Warren Military Post, Boston, Massachusetts
Fort Warren was built from 1833 to 1861 and was completed shortly after the beginning of the American Civil War.

Georges Island, Boston 
 
49
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
 
50
Holy Saviour Church, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Holy Saviour Church, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Holy Saviour Church was built in a newly developing area of Hitchin near the railway station,and was consecrated on Ascension Day 1865.

Radcliffe Road, Hitchin 
 

    1 2 3 4 Next»