Our Family Genealogy Pages

Home Page  |  What's New  |  Photos  |  Histories  |  Headstones  |  Reports  |  Surnames
Search
First Name:


Last Name:



Landmarks


Matches 51 to 100 of 219     » See Gallery    » Slide Show

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
51
Connecticut Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, Connecticut
Connecticut Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, Connecticut
The hospital was built in 1823, and was originally called the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane. Its name changed several times, but it was often referred to as the Hartford Retreat.

Washington Street & Retreat Avenue, Hartford
 
52
Connecticut State Prison, Wethersfield, Connecticut
Connecticut State Prison, Wethersfield, Connecticut
Wethersfield State Prison was used between 1827 and 1963. It was demolished in 1967 and the site on the banks of the Connecticut River was turned into a park.

State Street & Hartford Avenue, Wethersfield
 
53
Coriano Ridge War Cemetery
Coriano Ridge War Cemetery
 
54
Craig Colony for Epileptics, Sonyea, New York
Craig Colony for Epileptics, Sonyea, New York
The Craig Colony for Epileptics was established in 1894 to meet the needs of New York’s indigent population who had epilepsy. Eventually known as Craig Developmental Center, it closed on December 6, 1988.

Sonyea Road, Sonyea
 
55
Cypress Chapel Christian Church Cemetery, Suffolk, Virginia
Cypress Chapel Christian Church Cemetery, Suffolk, Virginia
White Marsh Road & Cypress Chapel Road, Suffolk
 
56
Cypress Chapel Christian Church, Suffolk, Virginia
Cypress Chapel Christian Church, Suffolk, Virginia
White Marsh Road & Cypress Chapel Road, Suffolk
 
57
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut
Founded in 1885, Danbury Hospital was a small community hospital for its first 50 years. Its School of Nursing was established in 1893, and the first graduate medical education (GME) program was a one-year general internship approved in 1926.

Locust Avenue & Hospital Avenue, Danbury
 
58
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
59
Duck River Cemetery
Duck River Cemetery
 
60
Eastern Washington State Hospital, Medical Lake, Washington
Eastern Washington State Hospital, Medical Lake, Washington
Built in 1890, the Eastern State Hospital was to accommodate the mentally ill from east Washington that would be closer to home than the existing hospital in west Washington.

850 Maple St, Medical Lake
 
61
Elmira Reformatory, Elmira, New York
Elmira Reformatory, Elmira, New York
The facility was founded in 1876 as the Elmira Reformatory and run by superintendent Zebulon Brockway. In 1970 the complex was renamed the Elmira Correctional and Reception Center.

Davis Street & Bancroft Road, Elmira
 
62
Elmwood Cemetery
Elmwood Cemetery
 
63
Epinal American Cemetery and Memorial
Epinal American Cemetery and Memorial
 
64
Epping Congregational Church, Epping, New South Wales
Epping Congregational Church, Epping, New South Wales
Chester Street & Oxford Street, Epping
 
65
Faxton Hospital and Home for Old Men, Utica, New York
Faxton Hospital and Home for Old Men, Utica, New York
Faxton Hospital was built through the generosity of Hon. Theodore S. Faxton on Sunset Ave in 1874. It operated in the original buildings until 1941, when a new structure was constructed.

Sunset Avenue & Burrstone Road, Utica
 
66
First Congregational Church, Stonington, Connecticut
First Congregational Church, Stonington, Connecticut
The First Congregational Church of Stonington is the oldest church in Stonington and one of the oldest in Connecticut; established in 1674. The current Road Church Meetinghouse was built in 1829 after the original building burned, with all attempts to keep it as original as possible.

Pequot Trail & Flanders Road, Stonington
 
67
First Presbyterian Church, Mandan, North Dakota
First Presbyterian Church, Mandan, North Dakota
3rd Street NW & 3rd Avenue NW, Mandan
 
68
Fort Bliss National Cemetery
Fort Bliss National Cemetery
 
69
Fort Warren Military Post, Boston, Massachusetts
Fort Warren Military Post, Boston, Massachusetts
Fort Warren was built from 1833 to 1861 and was completed shortly after the beginning of the American Civil War.

Georges Island, Boston
 
70
Fountain Hill Cemetery
Fountain Hill Cemetery
 
71
Fourth Avenue Baptist Church, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Fourth Avenue Baptist Church, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The congregation was organized in 1898, with the church opened in 1905.

Fourth Avenue Baptist Church, Ottawa, Ontario
 
72
French Cemetery
French Cemetery
 
73
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
74
Harare Pioneer Cemetery
Harare Pioneer Cemetery
 
75
Helles Memorial
Helles Memorial
The Helles Memorial is a World War I tribute to the Gallipoli Campaign and to men who fell in that campaign and whose graves are unknown or who were lost or buried at sea in Gallipoli. Inscribed on the monument are the names of 20771 whom died, all the ships that took part in the campaign, plus the titles of the army formations and the units which served on the Peninsula. It stands on the tip of the Turkey Peninsula and is in the form of an obelisk over 30 meters high which can be seen by ships passing through the Dardanelles.
 
76
Heverlee War Cemetery
Heverlee War Cemetery
 
77
Holy Saviour Church, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Holy Saviour Church, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Holy Saviour Church was built in a newly developing area of Hitchin near the railway station,and was consecrated on Ascension Day 1865.

Radcliffe Road, Hitchin
 
78
Holy Trinity Church, Bloomsbury, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, Bloomsbury, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church was designed by Sir James Pennethorne and erected in 1837. Restored in 1880, it seated 1500 people and was in use until 1928. After the church closed, the ground was sold in 1931 and Trinity Court housing was built a few years later.

Grays Inn Road & Wren Street, Bloomsbury
 
79
Holy Trinity Church, Bradwell Juxta Coggeshall, Essex
Holy Trinity Church, Bradwell Juxta Coggeshall, Essex
Early 12th century church altered in the 14th and 15th centuries.

Church Road, Bradwell-Juxta-Coggeshall
 
80
Holy Trinity Church, Marylebone, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, Marylebone, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, in Marylebone, Westminster, London, was built in 1828. By the 1930s, it had fallen into disuse and since 1936 has been used for various purposes.

Albany Street & Marylebone Road, Marylebone
 
81
Holy Trinity Church, Mile End Old Town, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, Mile End Old Town, Greater London
Mile End Old Town Holy Trinity was built in the year 1841, now the New Testament Church of God.

Morgan Street & Pembroke Mews, Mile End Town
 
82
Holy Trinity Church, Penge, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, Penge, Greater London
Holy Trinity opened in 1872. Often confused with Holy Trinity, Beckenham in Lennard Road, it was destroyed by wartime bombing and replaced by flats.

Croydon Road & Anerley Road, Penge
 
83
Holy Trinity Church, Woodford, Greater London
Holy Trinity Church, Woodford, Greater London
The church, designed in a late Norman style, was completed in 1890.

Hermon Hill Road & Pelham Road, Woodford
 
84
Honolulu Memorial
Honolulu Memorial
 
85
Hornsby Methodist Church, Hornsby, New South Wales
Hornsby Methodist Church, Hornsby, New South Wales
The church was built in 1896 with additions and renovations over the years; it was demolished in 2008.

Frederick Street & Dural Lane, Hornsby
 
86
Immanuel and St Andrew's Church, Streatham, Greater London, England
Immanuel and St Andrew's Church, Streatham, Greater London, England
Built in 1854, most of the crumbling building was demolished in the 1970s and a smaller one built, leaving just the tower and some rooms at the back.

Streatham High Road & Westwell Road Approach, Streatham
 
87
Islington Infirmary, Highgate, Greater London
Islington Infirmary, Highgate, Greater London
Opened as a Union Workhouse Infirmary in 1900, the Highgate Hill Infirmary was renamed Islington Infirmary in 1914 and became St Mary's Hospital in 1930.

Praed Street & South Wharf Road, Highgate
 
88
Jonkerbos War Cemetery
Jonkerbos War Cemetery
 
89
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Kanchanaburi, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
 
90
Kerrison Reformatory School for Boys, Thorndon, Suffolk
Kerrison Reformatory School for Boys, Thorndon, Suffolk
The reformatory school for boys at Thorndon was established in 1856. Reformatories could house convicted juvenile offenders aged under 16 for a period of 2 to 5 years.

Stock Road & Clint Road, Thorndon
 
91
Korean War Monument at Busan
Korean War Monument at Busan
The inscription on the entry stone at the threshold of the monument reads:

This monument is to the American men
and women who gave their lives in defense of
the freedom of the Republic of Korea 1950-1953
Dedicated by the
American Battle Monuments Commission 2013

The erected stone at the end of the monument states:

HONOR
FREEDOM
PEACE
 
92
Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York
Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York
Founded in 1858, the Long Island College Hospital introduced the practice of bedside teaching in 1860. It ceased operations on August 30, 2014.

Henry Street & Amity Street, Brooklyn
 
93
Marfaux British Cemetery
Marfaux British Cemetery
 
94
Masonic Home and Hospital, Utica, New York
Masonic Home and Hospital, Utica, New York
The administration building of the large complex, built in 1892 was demolished in 1965 to be replaced by a new, more efficient structure.

Welshbush Road & Bleeker Street, Utica
 
95
Medway Union Workhouse, Gillingham, Kent
Medway Union Workhouse, Gillingham, Kent
The workhouse open in November 1859, replacing the Chatham and Rochester location. In 1932, the workhouse was renamed Medway Hospital, County Hospital in 1936, and finally All Saints Hospital in 1948 before closing in 1999. Many of the original buildings have been demolished and the site redeveloped.

Glencoe Road & Magpie Hall Road, Gillingham
 
96
Memorial Park
Memorial Park
 
97
Memorial to the Grigson Brothers
Memorial to the Grigson Brothers
Memorial to the six Grigson brothers in the St. Nun Church in Pelynt, Cornwall, who were killed in service to their country.
 
98
Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing, Ypres (Menen Gate) Memorial
Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing, Ypres (Menen Gate) Memorial
The Memorial is situated at the eastern side of the town on the road to Menen and Kortrijk. Each night at 8 pm the traffic is stopped at the Menen Gate while buglers of the Last Post Association sound the Last Post in the roadway under the Memorial's arches.
 
99
Mobile National Cemetery
Mobile National Cemetery
 
100
Monroe County Penitentiary, Brighton, New York
Monroe County Penitentiary, Brighton, New York
Built in 1854, the purpose of the Monroe County Workhouse was to ease the crowding in the county Jail, by placing misdemeanants within it's 96 cells; the name was changed to Monroe County Penitentiary in 1858. The building was demolished in 1971.

South Avenue & Highland Avenue, Brighton
 

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»